Banbury Beer Festival 2009
is extremely pleasing that at our 2009 festival no less than 61
new members were recruited over the three days, 27 of whom were
new members for the North Oxfordshire branch.
Take a look at the 2009 Gallery to see what went on - Click
HERE or on the Beer Festival Logo
Facts & Figures
- The festival was held at the TA Centre, Oxford Road, Banbury from 7th-9th
- 1700 visitors attended during the three-day festival.
- The festival was officially opened by James Clarke, MD of the Hook
Norton Brewery, at 5pm on Thursday 7th May.
- The festival featured 90 beers, 10 more than last year along with 20 ciders
and perrys which was a 50% increase from last year.
- This year's theme was East Anglia with 30 beers from that part of the country.
- The festival saw its first Foreign Beer bar.
- Entertainment was provided by 5 Ways Byfield Barbershop Harmony Club, guitarist
Paul Canning and two different Morris sides, plus the ever-popular pig roast.
- For brewers there was a new Trade Session from 3pm - 5pm on Thursday.