Banbury Beer Festival 2011
This years Banbury Beer festival, which was the 11th
year of the event was a roaring success, with beers a plenty and
lots of visitors.
Take a look at the 2011 gallery - Click on the
pictures above or HERE
- The festival was again held at the TA Centre, Oxford Road, Banbury
from Thursday 5th to Saturday 7th May.
- Over 1,500 visitors attended during the three-day festival.
- The festival was officially opened by James Clarke, MD of the
Hook Norton Brewery, at 5pm
on the Thursday.
- The festival featured 90 beers, although 1 didn't quite make
to being served, along with 19 ciders and perrys which was 1 less
than last year.
- This year's theme was the South West with 30 beers from that
part of the country and the surrounding area.
- Ale of the festival was Blue Anchor Middle Spingo from Helston
- The 'Mild Trail' gave visitors the chance to try 6 halves out
of the 13 available and get a 7th free.
- Entertainment was provided by 'Four More Faces', the usual selection
of Morris dancers and finally guitarist Paul Canning.
- This festival was the first for organiser, Yvonne Hallows, who
did a cracking job in running the show and leading the troops.